BLG Ottawa is recognized both regionally and provincially for its contributions to the National Capital Region. Many BLG professionals serve as members and directors of various not-for-profit institutions. Our approach is to get involved, get active, and support Ottawa’s academic and cultural communities.
- BLG Ottawa sponsors non-profit organizations such as the Montfort Hospital Foundation and Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
- BLG Ottawa was awarded the Best Leadership Giving Campaign for 2000 by United Way/Centraide-Ottawa. For 2003, the Ottawa office was recognized for the Best Community Campaign. BLG Ottawa continues to be an avid supporter of the United Way through fund-raising and actively supporting the United Way Day of Caring.
- Every spring, BLG staff and professionals eagerly await the arrival of crocuses and daffodils, which are sold in support of the Canadian National Institute for the Blind and the Canadian Cancer Society, respectively.
- BLG Ottawa is active in community-wide events such as the CIBC Run For the Cure for Breast Cancer and the H.O.P.E. Beach Volleyball Tournament. When the Dragon Boat Festival arrives in Ottawa, you can be guaranteed that our "BLazin' draGons" will paddle their hardest for local charities.
- Ottawa BLG professionals and staff are active participants in the national BLG Reads to Kids program through which over 400 employees in every BLG office read to children within kindergarten to grade three classes of local schools.