Dr. Stephen Andrews is a government relations advisor with our Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP. Stephen provides advice and counsel on government relations, strategic communications, issues management and stakeholder relations, with a focus on provincial and municipal matters. Stephen is also the national administrator of BLG's Climate Change Group.
Stephen's practice involves:
- Developing and executing government relations programs for some of Ontario's largest local electricity distribution companies.
- Advising on, establishing and managing coalitions of companies and interest groups advocating legislative and policy change in the construction, electricity and financial services sectors.
- Initiating and executing government contact and relationship building programs.
- Advising a wide range of clients on establishing in-house government relations departments.
- Providing strategic advice on lobbying rules and codes of conduct for lobbyists.
- Developing and executing integrated policy change strategies involving media, issue advertising, government advocacy, interest group and public relations.