Susan Avon has been a paralegal in our Montréal office since 1998 and works in the Wealth Management and Tax Groups since 2002.
Susan specializes in estate administration and settlement, corporate aspects of estate planning as well as establishment and registration of charitable organizations. She also has extensive experience in corporate law and the maintenance of corporate records.
Susan assists with:
- Estate administration and settlement from onset to final reporting and distribution;
- Trust administration;
- Corporate and tax transactions including mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, roll-overs, estate freezes and other share transactions;
- Incorporation, organization, amendment, amalgamation and dissolution of corporations and not-for-profit organizations;
- Charity registration of not-for-profit organizations;
- Annual maintenance, compliance filings and extra-provincial registration of corporations and not-for-profit organizations;
- Due diligence review of corporations.
Susan's scope of knowledge includes federal and Québec business corporation legislation and Québec civil law with respect to estate and trust administration.