Adam Chamberlain is National Leader of the Team North and Climate Change Groups and Toronto Regional Leader of the Aboriginal Law and Forestry Law Groups. Certified as a Specialist in Environmental Law by the Law Society of Upper Canada, Adam has practised environmental and energy law for most of his career, focused on infrastructure development. Adam's practice encompasses diverse matters related to the environmental and other regulatory requirements involved with project development. Adam is also extensively involved in relationships between Aboriginal communities and project proponents related to all manner of developments.
Specifically, Adam has extensive experience with:
- Environmental Assessment (EA) of projects including energy, mining and wastewater facilities.
- Providing strategic legal advice regarding Aboriginal involvement in infrastructure development as proponents of communities being consulted and accommodated, and regarding the provincial and federal environmental regulatory framework.
- Assisting with compliance with provincial and federal environmental legislation and regulations generally.
- Acting as counsel regarding litigation related to EA and other environmental approvals, including judicial review of government decisions and related appeals.
- Advising on environmental aspects of corporate transactions, brownfield redevelopment and risks related to climate change, management of carbon and other emissions, and the related regulatory and business risks.