Purpose of the Role
The Specialist, CRM will be expected to be an internal thought leader for CRM experiences and partner with our Business Development and Marketing Communications functions to define and grow their business initiatives. The Specialist, CRM will be expected to be up on the latest and emerging industry best practices and have developed strategic CRM programs that may assist the firm in building our thought leadership and lead generation.
The Specialist, CRM will be expected to
1. Work with functional areas to understand business processes and aid users in becoming more efficient and effective in using CRM and associated Business Development/Marketing systems;
2. Serve as one of the Firm’s local marketing communications deployment experts and representative for all queries related to CRM Marketing deployments, email, contact management and area resource for the firm’s CRM system.
As part of the national CRM Team, CRM specialists continuously work to ensure the CRM system is a highly valuable resource for the Firm and aligned to strategy of establishing, developing and maintaining long-term valuable business development relationships.
This position is part of the Firm’s Business Services department and reports to the Senior Manager, CRM. The Firm’s Business Services department is a dynamic group of professionals who work effectively as a team, but enjoy an environment allowing for creativity and growing responsibility.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Develops, documents and revises system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards
- Develop technical solutions (programs) to create data files to load data from the external systems and/or upload data to the external systems
- Assist in resolving technical issues that arise within CRM and other related systems
- Act as the area point person for all data quality standards, including best practices for data entry, nomenclature standards, project-related data entry process, formatting guidelines and archival of data, reports, etc.
- Lead local area legal assistants in the development and maintenance of a national CRM database to ensure accuracy, completeness, and integrity of the information; act as the primary resource for questions from local end users; and liaise with the Senior Manager, CRM and IT department regarding issues, enhancements and upgrades
- Data change requests, including review of all data requests & required research to either approve or reject proposed user changes to data in the system. Requires direct communication with users as well as self-directed research to ensure accuracy of information (i.e. direct calls to contacts, organizations and/or internet searches, etc.)
- Manage and refine the local distribution of publications (printed or electronic) and communication materials including various publications, newsletters, alerts, brochures, invitations, etc. Manage local bounce-backs and RTS
- List and campaign initiatives; building and refining knowledge base of BLG permission-based contact lists for mailing consistency, efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Continuous reviewing of the database to proactively create new and maintain existing searches and to identify inconsistencies in the data
- Provide analysis of digital metrics and provide report summaries to clients for individual campaigns or quarterly reports
- Stay abreast of e-Marketing best practices to continuously improve and update firm offerings
- Performs legal assistant training in conjunction with the Firm’s trainers, including one-on-one and group sessions either locally or by webinar
- Co-ordinate with training representatives to develop training programs and support materials enhancing BLG’s ability to maintain contacts and thus the integrity of the database
- Provide regular status and update on all CRM programs on a regular basis and offer recommendations for continual improvement
- Stay informed of developments within the direct marketing community, (trends and changes). Keep abreast of the legal category and competitors’ campaigns or strategies
- Educate and inform local Business Development colleagues, local legal assistants and professionals to facilitate greater understanding about BLG database, contact management, processes and the direct mail programs
- Integrate programs into overall client contact strategy and participate in the day-to-day management of contact strategy
- Recommends and implement CRM strategic or tactical solutions to improve business processes within our Business Development and Marketing/Communication functions
- Performs first-level technical support for the CRM product and escalates issues to National CRM Leader and IT as needed
- Recommend and implement strategic solutions as required to further enhance the existing CRM program
- BA in Marketing, IT or related field
- Fluently bilingual in French and English
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of CRM experience (ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales/Marketing) or related experience in digital marketing functions, and email in a business to business professional services organization or Marketing
- Knowledge of client relationship management systems and relational databases
- Data management; Desire and aptitude to learn database technology and concepts and apply them in the legal industry
- Ability to handle many projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively with a solutions driven, proactive attitude
- Ability to analyze digital metrics and create summarized reports to clients
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to a handle large volume of assignments under pressure
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize effectively and solve issues. Ability to see the “big picture” and follow through with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Strong work ethic and initiative. Ability to be a “team player” as part of a national team
- Ability to lead data quality initiatives with the legal assistants in the area is critical
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the Firm
- Advanced PC skills with demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office
- Prior law firm experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVD-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons. Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.