Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Developer, Sitecore.
Purpose of the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled SiteCore Developer with a strong background in building scalable, high quality and high performance solutions on Sitecore and .NET technology stack. As a SiteCore developer, you will report to the Director, Practice and Web Applications. You will be responsible for building, maintaining and deploying external facing web applications and services. You must respect deadlines and make sure that the quality of your work meets the Firm’s standards. You will be required to collaborate with co-workers, business analysts, and database administrators, to deliver highly performing enterprise solutions.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
Develop new functionalities for existing applications or create a solution from the ground-up. The responsibilities include:
- Form requests or business requirements, develop application solutions
- Create detailed design based on architectural specifications
- Participate in evaluating development efforts impacts and estimates
- Ensure that standards and procedures defined at BLG are always followed
- Carry out unitary and functional tests in order to ensure quality of deliverables
- Work in close collaboration with all Technology Services members in order to ensure that all applications are functional
- Write the necessary documentation related to the applications
Maintenance - Part of the responsibilities includes the maintenance of existing applications. You will receive some requests to:
- Update the business rules and language dictionaries
- Perform integrity tests and data spot-checks
- Perform performance tests on applications and analyse the results to prevent or correct potential problems
Support - You will be asked to provide a second level support to the users of internally developed application. The responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot problems found in existing applications with the collaboration of the operation team.
- Identify the necessary fixes needed to resolve those problems
- Provide the fixes to be implemented in production
- Excellent communication, organizational and team skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think ahead and use initiative
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focused working method
- Ability to conduct all duties in English is essential. Ability to work also in French is an asset
Technical skills (Essential)
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design principles
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing SiteCore and .NET solutions.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting, debugging
- MS .NET Framework 4.0+
- Experience developing PWA (progressive web applications)
- Experience with MS SQL 20012/2016/2019 (Database Design, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers)
- Experience working with Azure DevOps (code, build management and creating test cases)
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience working with Azure Tenants.
Technical skills (considered an asset)
- Relevant certification(s) for SiteCore Development will be an asset
- Understanding of Design Patterns
- Understanding of SCRUM, Agile methodologies
- Knowledge about various integration patterns (data, functional)
- Experience with Azure DevOps pipelines
- Experience developing for WCGA 2.1 (AODA Web Accessibility-AA standard)
- W3C norms, XHTML and DOM
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.