The Montréal office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking three Administrative Assistants.
Purpose of the Role
The Administrative Assistant will be expected to perform administrative and file management tasks. This includes copying, filing – both paper and electronic, archive management, scanning and completing general administrative duties as required.
- Receive and process file management requests (Open new file folders, handle closed files, housekeeping procedures)
- Prepare cheque requests and courier packages
- Prepare engagement letters and routine documents
- Assist in billing process
- Submit expenses
- Assist with Know Your Client and conflict checking procedures
- Communicate and liaise with Lawyers, Law Clerks and Practice Assistants on file management issues
- Scan and save work to the document management system (iManage)
- Coordinate large print, scan or copy jobs
- Provide overflow support for administrative tasks
- College education; Legal Assistant Program or Paralegal certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well within a team, manage multiple priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- 1 to 2 years office experience in a professional services or law firm environment considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), iManage experience an asset
Why work for BLG
The BLG experience is more than just working for top professionals who will help you excel in your field of expertise. We care about the well-being of our employees and that is why we offer:
- Personal days
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid overtime
- Flexible medical and dental benefits
- Annual education and tuition reimbursement
- $5,000 referral fee payable for employee referrals
- A wellness account that can reimburse any activities linked to your well-being
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Unlimited access to Dialogue, a telemedicine platform
Unlimited access to Phzio, a virtual physiotherapy clinic
Group RRSP with employer contributions
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate. As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and if necessary implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treat everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all Firm Members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.