Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Analyst, ERP Systems (CMS Services)
Purpose of the Role
The Analyst, ERP Systems (CMS Services) will be expected to provide support for all queries related to the Aderant database including: maintenance; enhancements and 1st-level support. The Analyst will have day-to-day operations duties and will be assigned to work on projects as required.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Support and maintain systems and integrated applications; act as technical specialist for troubleshooting and problem resolution of system related issues
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, completeness and integrity of the information
- Assists with Financial updates and queries and the resolution of invoicing issues
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of discount and rate agreements with our clients
- Responsible for the internal user provisioning of all BLG users
- Execute and monitor daily data imports, validating data on a daily/monthly basis
- Create and generate SQL queries and other reporting
- Work with line of business managers and staff as well as end-users to support and evolve BLG systems
- Perform routine maintenance and day-to-day operations tasks required to keep the system operating at high performance standards
- Provides end user support for Aderant and escalates issues to programmers and others in IT as needed
- Working closely with application vendors to log issues/enhancements and follow up to resolution close
- Participation in projects as assigned
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline or equivalent work experience in a related field
- 2 years’ experience supporting specific line of business and/or enterprise applications
- Experience developing / using application toolsets
- General development skills required to enhance the responsible systems
- Experience running SQL queries for reporting and troubleshooting purposes – where application is hosted on a SQL platform
- Proficient with desktop application configurations where application is hosted on a desktop
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and MS Word Macros
- Experience in a legal or professional services environment preferred
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strategic thinker, with a proven ability to innovate
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
- Able to set own priorities while maintaining flexibility
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons. Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.