Purpose of the Role
The main duties of the Administrator, Mail Room are to handle the distribution of mail and to perform administrative tasks pertaining to a mailroom as well as provide back-up support to the Facilities department.
This role will require the successful candidate to work on-site Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Distribute mail
- Send faxes
- Respond to requests from employees and lawyers
- Responsible for end-of-day FedEx report and shipping
- Make photocopies
- Bind documents
- Scan documents
- Change toner and fix paper jams
- Provided back up coverage for other members of Office Services (reception, catering, facilities) as required
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of one year of experience in customer service, administration, or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (French is an asset)
- Flexibility, sound judgment and a can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Windows and MS Outlook and Word software
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVD-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.