The IP E-Billing Coordinator will be expected to perform the following roles and responsibilities:
- Process pre-bills and final billings on a monthly/quarterly or on-request basis
- Enter time keeper rates in e-billing platforms
- Submit IP Progress invoices to client e-billing systems
- Assist Timekeepers and Practice Assistants in IP with e-billing questions
- Coordinate the set-up of new IP e-billing clients including detailed review of client e-billing requirements
- Work with clients, e-billing providers, programmers and IP Client Services in the resolution of e-billing rejections
- Work with IP Client Services in maintaining e-billing checklists and client instructions
- Proactively monitor A/R for IP e-billing clients and follow-up on potential issues
- Proactively monitor and review Progress billing system to ensure that client data is kept up-to-date and accurate
- Transfer time/disbursements according to lawyer/agent instructions and Firm guidelines and billing procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience providing administrative support (including billing) in a law firm or professional services environment
- Experience working in the area of Intellectual Property would be considered a strong asset
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and other systems implemented by the Firm
- Committed to furthering their knowledge to remain up-to-date on current technology and best practices
- Ability to work as a team member under minimal supervision
- Good organization skills and ability to work under time pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of accounting theory
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in oral and written bilingualism (French and English) considered an asset
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.