The Vancouver office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Coordinator, Finance.
Purpose of the Role
The Coordinator, Finance will be expected to process and prepare payments and expenditures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure the finances are accurate and up to date and vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide full cycle accounting to the management company, including; flow through and reconciliation of management fees and intercompany accounts, billing and recoding of rent to tenants
- Audit of expense reimbursements/invoices in Chrome River
- Setting up new vendors on the system
- Attend to general queries from vendors
- Cash receipt and payables processing for management companies
- Journal entry posting
- Tax remittances
- Bank reconciliations
- Backup of trust payouts
- Assist Accounting Manager with month end closings
- Preparation of monthly budget reports
- Monthly remittances of GST and PST
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic accounting knowledge considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of CMS OPEN, EXCEL desirable
How to ApplyPlease include “Coordinator, Finance” in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.