Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Coordinator, Human Resources Recruiting.
Purpose of Role
The Coordinator*, Human Resources Recruiting, provides national and regional recruitment services and coordination of the Firm’s recruitment processes and programs for Business Services and Legal Support Services recruitment.
Success is delivering proactive value-added recruitment advice, guidance and service to BLG Human Resources professionals to ensure the Firm is able to attract top talent in Canada.
The Coordinator, Human Resources Recruiting, will help BLG attain a market-leading reputation as an employer of choice in the legal services industry on par with other leading professional services firms in Canada.
They will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the Employee Value Proposition for Business Services and Legal Support Services.
The incumbent must be bilingual in English and French.
The Coordinator, Human Resources Recruiting, is responsible for following best in class recruitment practices and meeting the responsibilities of the role.
Working with the Specialist, Human Resources Recruiting, administer the Firm’s Business Services and Legal Support Services recruitment nationally, ensuring that BLG recruits the best available talent in the marketplace, which includes the following responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate the Firm’s market-leading employer brand to differentiate BLG from its competitors in the employer marketplace
- Source, vet and conduct in-depth interviews with candidates to ensure both a professional and cultural fit
- Contribute to the design, development and deployment of the Firm’s digital and online strategy for recruiting to ensure the Firm’s use of social media and other electronic platforms is best in class and on par with the technology used in other leading legal and professional services firms
- Determine the correct recruitment strategy, including alternative sources to external hiring, e.g., internal mobility, digital media and recruiting agencies
- Establish hiring criteria to identify the characteristics that define top performers who fulfill their potential
- Ensure the Firm interviews and hires incumbents based on the Firm’s hiring criteria
- Perform daily active/passive candidate searches on LinkedIn
- Promote and represent the Firm at job fairs
- Manage the Firm’s tracking of hiring requests and approvals
- Manage the Firm’s tracking of applicants and hires, including diversity statistics
- University degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- At least 2 years of progressive human resource management/recruiting experience
- Bilingual English/French
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with people at all levels
- Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Strong operational management focus, ensuring high quality work delivered on time and within budget
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer service oriented
- Strong leadership ability
- Strong project management skills
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only members of the Firm who are fully vaccinated with a Health Canada–approved vaccine will be permitted to enter BLG offices or attend BLG events. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the correct number of doses of a Health Canada–approved vaccine (usually two) and having received the second dose more than 14 days ago. “To enter BLG offices” also includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, which are subject to limits on the number of participants in accordance with public health guidelines. Only fully vaccinated employees of the Firm may attend client meetings in person (others may attend virtually), unless prior approval is obtained from BLG and the client in question. BLG employees who are not fully vaccinated and who are required by the Firm to be in the office to perform their duties will be required to undergo a rapid antigen test within 24 hours of their visit to our office and provide proof of a negative test. They will also have to take a new test every day they are in the office. Accommodations will be made for those who cannot receive the vaccine for valid medical or religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that reflects our communities, where all members of the Firm feel heard, valued and included. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. However, recognizing the systemic and structural barriers that have marginalized certain groups in the past and kept them from accessing job opportunities, we specifically welcome and encourage, as part of our commitment to eliminating obstacles to employment, applications from Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized groups, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations will be available on request for those who need them in any aspect of the recruiting process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.