The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a: Coordinator, Clients and Markets.
Purpose of Role
The Coordinator, Clients and Markets will be expected to support the Toronto office and will also provide administrative support to the Marketing and Communications and Business Development team to ensure the seamless execution and follow-up of activities.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Business Development and Marketing team.
- Assisting, organizing and implementing all projects as directed by the Regional Business Development Senior Manager.
- CRM Support, including creating client contact lists for events, seminars, and newsletters.
- Providing web assistance, including responsible for managing and updating lawyer profiles on BLG’s external website and updating various department items on internal website.
- Proofreading documents, including proposals, nominations, bulletins and other communications.
- Assisting with social media campaigns.
- Ad hoc research, including venue and industry-specific information.
- Assisting with reporting for various events and BD activities.
- Events support as needed, assisting with event logistics, execution and registration.
- Assisting with ordering and managing promotional items.
- Acting as backup support for the Vancouver BD and Marketing team during vacation leave.
- Responsible for managing and submitting department invoices and a monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Additional projects and functions as assigned.
- Track and coordinate the creation and continuous updating of marketing and communication materials
- Track, coordinate, produce, and submit ranking publication submissions and nominations
- Track and report deal information on an ongoing basis
- Work with Webmaster to edit/update practice/focus group pages and lawyer profiles on the firm website and intranet
- Coordinate the production of alerts, bulletins and newsletters
- Track media coverage
- Train and assist regional coordinators
- Coordinate client events, sponsorships, trade shows, speaking engagements and other lawyer activities
- Coordinate community investment (donations and sponsorships) and market profiling initiatives
- Provide administrative research tactical support to BD Director
- Other marketing and business development projects as assigned including:
- BD Support for Start-Up & Grow/Driven by Women Initiatives (Regional)
- Attend all meetings, take minutes and move action items forward
- Create CRM distribution list and continue to build, revise web pages, revise brochures
- Coordinate social media
- Provide Quarterly reports to BD PGLs
- Track and monitor budget
- Coordinate events and post invitations to multiple third party sites (research involved)
- Knowledge of the legal industry
- Experience working in a business development/marketing department of a law firm or in a professional services environment would be an asset
- University degree in a relevant area
- 5+ years business development/marketing experience
- Self-starter and proven ability to work with minimal supervision and able to set priorities
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills who shares best practices and leverages knowledge
- Proven ability to think critically and turn data into actionable information
- Strong capabilities using HTML, SharePoint and Microsoft suite products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Superior written and proof reading skills with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Availability to work overtime
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVD-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.