Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Coordinator, E-Billing.
Purpose of the Role
The Coordinator, E-Billing will be expected to prepare and submit E-billing invoices as well as client invoices, provide unbilled time and billing support to the legal professionals, and serve as a subject matter expert in E-billing activities.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Process prebills and final billings on a monthly/quarterly or on-request basis
- Process E-billing set up for clients
- Enter time keeper rates in E-billing platforms
- E-billing using various third party vendor sites
- Provide back-up to other accounting and billing team members as required
- Active participation in E-billing related projects, testing etc
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years accounting/billing and 1+ year E-billing experience in a law firm or professional services environment
- Post-secondary education, university preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Aderant (CMS), Intapp Time, Prebill Manager or other time and billing systems an asset
- Solid understanding of accounting principles as they relate to billing, time and costs, and accounts receivable
- Thorough grasp of E-billing requirements and processes, with ability to contribute to E-billing related projects and testing
- Bilingual (English/French) considered an asset
- Ability to work well in a team environment, under minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and complete a large volume of work accurately within a demanding timeline
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Available to work overtime to meet month end and year end deadlines
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.