Purpose of the Role
The Specialist, Talent will be expected primarily to support the National Director, Professional Resources in fulfilling the mandates of the role. The primary purpose of the role is to perform management and administrative duties relating to the effective administration of professional resources within the Toronto office.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Support the on-boarding of new lawyer hires including delivery of BLG’s onboarding program and all pre hire processes
- Support the departure process for lawyers leaving the Firm
- Manage the admission to Partnership process for the Monitoring & Admissions Committee
- Support the National Director, Professional Resources with the annual performance management and compensation process
- Support the following processes for Legal professionals: Retirement , Leaves ( maternity, parental, family) education & secondments
- Plan and organize associate orientation
- Manage payroll process for professionals
- Manage Awards programs
- Prepare and update internal documentation for new hires, departures, changes to profiles
- Support Director Professional Resources in fulfilling other mandates as needed
- In partnership with the Toronto Human Resources team – provide talent support to a business services portfolio as required.
- Make recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies
- Formulate procedures for best practices to ensure high client service standard
- Support national initiatives as required
- Post-secondary degree
- 3+ years of managerial or professional experience
- Highly-developed interpersonal, communication, organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with people at all levels
- Proven track record of management, organizational, delegation, time management and supervisory skills
- Highly-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong project management capabilities
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons. Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.