Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Administrator, Workday*.
Purpose of the Role
The Administrator, Workday is responsible for supporting and collaborating with the National Talent Services team and Workday project team by administering various Talent business processes. The incumbent will provide subject matter expertise on Workday best practices to the National Talent team.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Configure and implement functional changes in Workday in the following areas: HCM, Absence, Recruitment, Talent, etc.
- Perform daily administration of various Talent business processes in collaboration with the National Talent Services team
- Provide subject matter expertise on Workday best practices to the National Talent team
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and gain efficiency by leveraging Workday functionality
- Assess and communicate impact of Workday functional changes to business processes and integrations
- Administer Talent processes via EIBs (mass data loads)
- Maintain awareness of Workday future releases / roadmap and the potential impact of those plans on current and future Workday functionality
- Provide support to Workday project team through various activities, including performing test cases
- Assess, manage, resolve and escalate (if necessary) risks and issues
- Develop and promote continuous learning within the support team
- Apply changes to Workday security access rights
- Bachelor's degree with between 1 – 3 years of Human Resources Information Systems experience
- Experience in Workday HCM, Absence, Recruitment, Talent, considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize work under time constraints in order to meet project deadlines
- Excellent communication skills at various levels within the organization (management and individual contributor)
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment, learn quickly and solve problems
- Analytical mind
- Solution oriented
- Ability to manage priorities
- Bilingual in French and English, both written and oral
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVD-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.