Purpose of the RoleThe Assistant, Talent will provide administrative support to the National Director Human Resources and the Regional Human Resources Directors as required and be based out of the Toronto office.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Providing day to day support to the National & Regional Directors including calendar management, document preparation, expense submissions and general administration
- Assisting the Directors with processes and initiatives such as such as Campus school events, in-firm events, and sponsorships;
- Setting up interviews and organizing interview-related events
- Corresponding with candidates and Recruiters;
- Coordinating orientation and onboarding as required
- Supporting all major processes such as: Performance Management, Compensation as needed
- Projects as required ie digitizing
- Responding to internal and external enquiries
- Supporting other Talent Team members as required
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Some understanding of spreadsheets for preparation of annual budgets
- Detail-orientated individual with good proofreading skills
- Experience with MS Word, Power point and excel
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
- Able to set own priorities while maintaining flexibility
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVD-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.