Open Date June 15, 2021
Close Date July 12, 2021
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Administrator, E-Billing.
Purpose of the Role
The Administrator, E-Billing will be expected to provide assistance and support for the E-Billing function, as assigned by the E-Billing Coordinators and under the direction of the Director, Client Services and Manager, Client Services.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Assist in basic e-billing tasks (per E-Billing lead’s instructions)
- Submit basic Rate, accruals, matter budget, and other client required information
- Submit/upload accounts into EBH and escalate rejections to responsible E-Biller
- Assist with rejection notifications, build a list of rejections, follow up with E-Biller, Practice Assistant or Lawyer and upload lawyer comments to the client platform for appeal
- Assist with minor E-Billing rejections, such as block billing etc.
- EHub clean up, including status updates
- Monitor the EHub inbox and direct incoming emails
- Provide back-up to E-Billing Coordinators as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with or ability to rapidly learn and exposure to similar systems:
- Prebill Manager – trained in both PBV Lawyers/Billing Platform
- CMS – Trained on navigating in CMS
- iManage – How and where to file or look up invoices
- EHub and all E-Billing Platforms – Trained on navigating in EHub and how to look up invoice details in each E-Billing Platform
- Learn Collection Platform
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Post-secondary education, university preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and math skills.
- Proficient in office software: MSWord, MSExcel, Adobe Acrobat, MS Outlook.
- Experience with Aderant (CMS) or other time and billing systems an asset.
- Understanding of accounting principles as they relate to billing, time and costs, and accounts receivables.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, under minimal supervision.
- Good organization skills and ability to work under time pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime to support month end and year end deadlines.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
>BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.