Open Date June 24, 2021
Close Date July 12, 2021
Purpose of the Role
The Coordinator, Client Services will be expected to maintain a good client relationship while obtaining payment of accounts.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our Respectful Workplace Policy, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Direct contact with clients to obtain payment of accounts while maintaining the client relationship
- Meetings with lawyers to achieve and maintain appropriate AR and WIP levels
- Reconcile client payments and accounts
- Liaise with Practice Billing Coordinators for resolution of unpaid A/R billing issues
- Prepare various reports as requested
- Report collection status to the lawyers and management
- Updating notes in the collection software
- Any other task as assigned by the Manager of Finance
- Minimum five years of collections experience in a professional services firm
- Law firm experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Aderant (CMS) and MiniSoft software an asset
- Intermediate level Excel experience
- Post-secondary degree at either a College or University level is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline focused and able to set priorities while maintaining flexibility
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Available to work overtime when necessary
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.