Purpose of the Role
As part of the Intranet Operations team, you will maintain, enhance and develop the firm’s intranet and provide overall direction for the platform. This includes defining opportunities to extend services and resolve pain points identified within the firm as well as logging, planning and implementing improvements and fixes to the intranet. The Specialist, Content Management is responsible for defining the intranet roadmap, managing intranet metadata, collecting and interpreting metrics, and collecting and responding to user, owner and publisher feedback. This role also manages day-to-day operations and provides support for the content publisher community of over 120 users, content owners and general intranet users.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Identify new opportunities to expand on services offered and resolve pain points identified by firm members.
- Research and recommend new functionality and software to address identified issues and gaps in services.
- Log, prioritize and track issues and enhancements.
- Work with stakeholders to design solutions for issues and new functionalities for the intranet.
- Work with the broader team to develop and implement changes and conduct QA tests before launch.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and guidance to junior members of the Intranet Operations team.
- Stay abreast of issues, trends, and developments in intranets, knowledge management, and related fields.
- Collect and interpret metrics to drive decision making for the intranet team and content owners.
- Manage intranet search optimization including the creation and maintenance of Promoted Results.
- Create governance documents as well as other team documents and presentations.
- Create and maintain tip sheets and other resources for content publishers and maintain the Content Coordinator Resources section of the intranet.
- Provide training to new content publishers as well as ongoing support.
- Work with content owners and publishers to develop and redesign intranet pages and work with IT to schedule and complete the changes.
- Quickly and efficiently resolve requests for assistance from users, content publishers, and owners with problems or questions, escalating or redirecting as necessary, and follow through to resolution.
- Manage access to the intranet and related sites.
- Act as a backup publisher for groups without designated content publishers.
- Manage all communications to content publishers including compiling and sending notifications as part of the expiration cycle.
- Administration of other Clients & Markets team knowledge repositories as required.
- Other projects as required.
- Graduate from a Master of Library Science, Information Management, or Knowledge Management program of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years or more of experience in content management and intranet publishing.
- Understanding of cataloguing, information architecture and metadata principles.
- Understanding of content management, search, and classification principles and methods.
- Experience with web publishing, content management systems, intranets, taxonomy, and metadata.
- Experience with SharePoint is a highly valued asset.
- Experience with HTML.
- Adept at quickly picking up new technologies and skills.
- Must have ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users, and the ability to work and communicate with users of all levels, with a high level of professionalism.
- Patient and positive attitude when helping users learn and adopt technology tools.
- A motivated self-starter who is able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing requirements and prioritize accordingly.
- Proven project implementation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bilingualism (English-French) is an asset but not required.
- Experience working in a legal or professional services environment is an asset but not required.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.