Open Date July 23, 2021
Close Date August 13, 2021
The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Coordinator, Professional Recruiting.
Purpose of the Role
The Coordinator, Professional Recruiting will provide administrative support to the Professional Recruiting Talent Department team members.
This role is responsible for providing support to the Director of Professional Recruiting with tasks related to professional and student recruitment and provide administrative support.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Supporting all aspects of Summer and Articling student recruitment and student program administration including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with student recruitment initiatives such as law school events, in-firm events, and sponsorships;
- Setting up interviews, greeting students, booking dinners and organizing interview-related events;
- Organizing onboarding for law students each year including: lunches, orientation sessions, schedules, welcome gifts, office selection, rotation finalization, etc.;
- Preparing employment letters for students;
- Co-ordinate student programs including rotations, offices, secondments, maintain vacation records and contact information;
- Liaise with law schools (orientation, prizes, moots, law games, various sponsorships);
- Organize Articling student Writing Program.
- Assisting the Director, Professional Recruiting with various professional recruitment processes and initiatives and lateral hiring as needed. From time to time, these duties might including:
- Facilitating postings;
- Corresponding with candidates and recruiters;
- Scheduling interviews;
- Co-ordinate details for student programs with the Law Society of Upper Canada;
- Coordinating orientation and onboarding.
- Supporting other Talent, Professional Recruiting team members as required
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative role
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with students, lateral recruits, law schools, recruiters, Summer and Articling Students, and lawyers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Some understanding of spreadsheets for preparation of annual budgets
- Detail-orientated individual with good proofreading skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
- Able to set own priorities while maintaining flexibility
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.