Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Project Manager (One Year Contract).
Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager will be expected to assist with the planning and managing of several projects within our Project Management Office (PMO). The Project Manager will lead multi-disciplinary project teams while managing project plans including scope, budgets, schedules, risks, issues and related activities to completion of project deliverables.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop and execute project plans that address scope, risk, schedule in accordance with PMO standards and guidelines.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Track and report project performance against plans and recommend effective corrective action as required, providing a comprehensive and prioritized view of all projects including project status and health, resource availability, cost management and performance metrics.
- Build consensus, negotiate and lead project team members drawn from across functional organizational lines.
- Manage initiatives at a high-level as well as having attention to detail.
- Work closely with and maintain positive work relationships with stakeholders and sponsors from all functional areas of business.
- Maintain an awareness and focus on the business and people impacts of projects, to ensure the appropriate activities are undertaken and risks managed.
- Oversee progress on current state assessments and functional designs / Target Operating Models.
- Ensure appropriate communications and change management strategies are developed and delivered for assigned projects.
- Manage changing priorities to complete project delivery within defined timelines.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of appropriate Project Management methodology, process and documentation, including production of CAD drawings of proposed real estate projects
- Effectively manage risk by minimizing threats and maximizing opportunities within the project.
- Identify, handle and resolve conflict effectively.
- Assist with PMO Team’s delivery of internal communications as they pertain to assigned projects.
- Demonstrate interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Firm policies and procedures as relevant to PMO processes.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum Undergraduate degree
- Project management certification, e.g. PMP, CAPM preferred
- Experience in Change Management and certification is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years proven Project Management experience
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management.
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced professional services environment, ideally with experience in a legal firm or partnership setting.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision-making, and sound judgment.
- Strong professional presence and ability to uphold the Firm’s standards of business and personal conduct.
- Demonstrated expertise in stakeholder engagement and management at all levels.
- Ability to maintain a high level of strict confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and team skills
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient
- A can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required
- Experienced user of and MS Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Exposure to MS Project an asset
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.