The Montréal office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Specialist, Communications.
Purpose of the Role
The Specialist, Communications will be expected to develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies that support the Firm’s business objectives. Working closely with members of the Business Development team, this role leads the Firm’s Marketing and Communication programs and executes French-language results-oriented media relations that generate positive coverage of the Firm. The Specialist, Communications is responsible for championing strategic communications to internal and external audiences and contributing to the advancement of the Firm’s brand in the legal and business marketplace.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Works with Specialist, Rankings and Awards in supporting the legal rankings submission process, drafting legal awards nominations, and facilitating interviews with researchers and editors
- Leads the announcement of Québec-based legal rankings results and awards to external and internal audiences.
- Leads performance analysis, tracks ranking results and develops a historical database
- Executes French media relations operations, including interview requests, briefing documents, strategic advice.
- Supports day-to-day French external and internal communications
- Project manages French marketing publications, including thought leadership, collateral, promotional tools
- Coordinates French newsletters and alerts from the translation to the mailing to our clients
- Contributes to the bilingual content strategy on social media channels
- Supports Québec-based initiatives related to pro bono, student recruitment and sponsorship advertising
- Supports the Senior Manager, Communications with special projects as required
- A Bachelor degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a relevant field
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in communications. Experience in a legal environment an asset
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills. Knowledge of CP style an asset
- Superior oral communications skills. Bilingualism (English) an asset
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and a large matrixed organization
- Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with senior internal stakeholders, clients and editors
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong team player with excellent judgment, resourcefulness, flexibility and creativity
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative
- High proficiency skills in Microsoft office products
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.