The Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Coordinator, Cash Applications.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Posting of incoming payments (cheques, wires, cash, credit cards) for Ottawa and other regional offices;
- Investigation of unknown payments in Ottawa, as well as assisting with the investigation for other offices;
- Accessing client A/P portals;
- Return of overpayments to clients (upon receiving approval);Maintenance of receipts and credit card mailbox for remittance advice and also fielding incoming queries from clients;
- AR write-offs;
- Processing of Credit Card transactions;
- Maintenance of unapplied funds and funds held in suspense;
- Reallocating funds received for other BLG accounts (SEDAR, Trust etc.) to the correct accounts;
- Daily Cash to A/R report;
- Completing EFT set-up forms for Ottawa;
- Answering questions about payments.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience, ideally in a law firm of professional services environment
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; bilingualism in French/English is a strong asset
- Experience with Aderant (CMS) and Progress software an asset
- Intermediate level Excel experience
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills
- Deadline focused and able to set priorities while maintaining flexibility
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Available to work overtime when necessary
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate. As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and, if necessary, implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.