The Montréal office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Translator-revisor.
Purpose of the Role
The Translator-revisor will be expected to to translate and revise legal, accounting, financial and regulatory documents, as well as securities-related documentation.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Revise legal, accounting, financial and regulatory documents, as well as securities-related documentation, translated from English to French by in-house and freelance translators, and ensure its uniformity
- Translate documents in those same fields from English to French, respecting the terminology established for the clients concerned
- Respond to clients' and translators' linguistic needs by acting as a trusted reference
- Work as a team with various colleagues to ensure compliance with deadlines and the quality of work performed
- Train translation apprentices (intern) and junior translators or supervise their training [duties of the position]
- University degree in translation, law or a related discipline;
- 8 to 10 years of experience in the field;
- Excellent command of both French and English;
- Rigour and attention to detail are essential;
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position.
At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.