The office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Senior Specialist, Applications Support.
Technology Services Vision
To deliver client focused and business value-driven IT solutions and services that enable BLG to move forward as a high performance law firm.
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Specialist, Applications Support will be expected to deliver high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. This position will also be responsible for the delivery of effective application support for designated systems. You must respect deadlines and make sure that the quality of your work meets the Firm’s standards. You will be required to collaborate with co-workers including business analysts, and QA analysts for the delivery of effective applications support for designated systems.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Reporting to the Manager, Practice Applications, the senior application specialist role provides support and problem resolution as well as recommending, planning, leading and implementing updates and enhancements.
- Collaborating with technical teams and business stakeholders to understand objectives.
- Ensure application and process documentation is maintained, kept current and shared with co-workers.
- Conduct testing to ensure optimal application functionality, performance and user experience. Deliver test result status reports.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all Firm owned application software.
- Work with software vendors to resolve problems and understand product roadmaps.
- Availability to provide on-call after-hour support or work overtime when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience and comfort working in a dynamic, high-performance environment.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and deliver exceptional client service.
- A strong team player with excellent written, verbal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Aptitude for self-learning new software.
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology (or equivalent work experience).
- Five or more years of experience providing advanced technical support in a professional services or corporate environment.
- Expertise in Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016/365 Suite, and various Legal applications (i.e. Alf, BigHand, Contract Companion, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, CiteRight, Closing Folders, DocuSign, OneSpan)
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Citrix environments, iOS and iPads is an asset
- Familiarity with various eReader applications (Adobe Digital Editions, eMond Reader, My Nu-book), Beyond Compare, Corporate and Estate Manager / WindUP, DivorceMate, Lawtrac, SnagIT, Switch Sound Converter, Teraview, Unity, UltraEdit would be beneficial
- Experience working in a Legal environment would be a definite asset.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate, As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and if necessary implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.