The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Coordinator, Client Services.
Purpose of the Role
The Coordinator, Client Services will be expected to maintain a good client relationship while obtaining payment of accounts.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Direct contact with clients to obtain payment of accounts while maintaining the client relationship
- Meetings with lawyers to achieve and maintain appropriate AR and WIP levels
- Reconcile client payments and accounts
- Liaise with Practice Billing Coordinators for resolution of unpaid A/R billing issues
- Prepare various reports as requested
- Report collection status to the lawyers and management
- Updating notes in the collection software
- Any other task as assigned by the Manager, Client Services
- Minimum five years of experience in a professional services firm
- Law firm experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Aderant (CMS) and MiniSoft software an asset
- Intermediate level Excel experience
- Post-secondary degree at either a College or University level is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline focused and able to set priorities while maintaining flexibility
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Available to work overtime when necessary
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate. As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and if necessary implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treat everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all Firm Members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideratio