The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Practice Billing Coordinator.
Purpose of the Role
The Practice Billing Coordinator will be expected to efficiently process pre-bills and final billings for the assigned Practice Group(s).
- Final billings on a monthly/quarterly or on-request basis, including:
- Process and edit pre-bills
- Input changes to pre-bills in CMS
- Finalize and post pre-bills
- Prepare final bills for lawyer’s approval
- Submit final bills to clients or process by E-billing team
- Transfer time/disbursements according to lawyers' instructions and Firm guidelines and billing procedures
- Proactively monitor and review billing system to ensure that client data is kept current and accurate
- Train new Practice Assistant hires on billing process and procedures
- Provide backup to other Practice Group Billing Coordinators as required
- Assist Timekeepers and Practice Assistants in designated Practice Group(s) with filing requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 education with post-secondary education or combination of education and experience
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment, in a finance / billing related role
- Understanding of accounting theory
- Proficient understanding of E-billing technical requirements and processes, and the billing process
- Ability to work as a team member under minimal supervision
- Good organization skills and ability to work under time pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in oral and written bilingualism (French and English) considered an asset
- Available to work overtime to meet month end and year end deadlines
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate. As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and, if necessary, implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing equity, diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.