Open Date: November 1, 2021
Close Date: November 15, 2021
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a UX/UI Design Specialist.
Purpose of the Role
BLG is committed to an ambitious program of Digital Transformation. To that end, BLG has established a Digital Hub to explore, test and develop technology solutions for our clients and ourselves.
The UX/UI Design Specialist will assist the Digital Hub team deliver great end-to-end software experiences. The Digital Hub team is part of the Knowledge and Innovation team here at BLG, responsible for creating software solutions to bridge the gap between technology and the legal industry.
The role will have duel-reporting lines to the Senior Business Analyst and National Director/Leader of the Digital Hub.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
Manage the overall design approach/strategy to new Digital Hub products, including:
- Translating task flows and usage requirements into user journeys, product architecture (web/mobile) and user interface designs
- Ability to create design artifacts of varying level of fidelity, from concepts to high fidelity mock-ups
- Collaborate with the Digital Hub and/or third party development teams by providing input on product iterations from a design perspective
- Produce visual designs and infographics to assist in presentations to product owners and other key stakeholders
- Assist other team members in gathering business requirements
- Participate in the internal user/usability testing of new and externally procured products, providing feedback to the project team with particular focus on the UI/UX.
Education and Experience Required:
- Can demonstrate experience with design software and wireframe tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Axure
- Can gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with Business Analysts and Software Developers
- Can demonstrate design skills for creating user stories, journeys, workflows, interaction patterns, mock-ups, and other artifacts for user interface
- Can design user graphic elements like menus, tabs and widgets
- Can build page navigation and search components
- Can develop and present UI mock-ups and prototypes that illustrate how sites function and work
- Can identify and troubleshoot UX challenges
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented
Other Technical Expertise
- An understanding of guidelines and standards in mobile development on iOS
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is a bonus
- Familiarity with Agile mindset and methods required
- A highly visual approach to problem solving
- Agile Mindset - exceptional collaboration skills, a team-based approach to all work, high degree of flexibility and adaptability, change and growth orientation
- Ability to work in a small team and a fast moving, dynamic environment
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.