The Montréal, Ottawa or Toronto offices of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Analyst, Technology Support (Bilingual).
Purpose of the Role
The Analyst, Technology Support will be expected to deliver high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. This position will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of effective software application support for designated systems.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Providing first and second level contact and problem resolution to end users in a large law firm, with hardware, software and application problems. Researching and resolving user-reported problems using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases and their escalation.
- Providing desk-side support for support calls that cannot be resolved over the telephone or via remote management.
- Providing testing and reporting results of testing conducted on new applications and/or changes to existing applications.
- Maintaining good working knowledge of all Firm owned application software.
- Providing mobile phone/device and tablet support (knowledge of the BES system would be an asset).
- Maintaining accurate and complete up-to-date software and hardware inventory records.
- Maintaining Firm standard imaging, set-up, and deployment for computers and printers.
- Providing support for meeting audio/video room setup and video conferencing equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology (or equivalent work experience and/or certificates).
- Three or more years of experience providing Help Desk and/or Field Support in a professional services or corporate environment.
- Highly proficient with computers and their associated hardware and software components.
- Expertise in Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016/365 Suite, Active Directory Administration, and Citrix environments.
- Experience working in a Legal environment would be a definite asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. [education, experience, competencies required]
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and deliver exceptional client service.
- A strong team player with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to multi-task various priorities.
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary.
- Availability to provide on-call after-hour support.
- Full bilingualism (French-English) is required.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVD-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.