Open Date July 13, 2021
Close Date July 30, 2021
The Vancouver office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a: Analyst, Technology Support (Field Support).
Purpose of the Role
The Analyst, Technology Support (Field Support) is responsible for supporting the firm’s desktop computing environment—ensuring its continuous availability and reliability so the business can rely on IT equipment and services. In addition, the Analyst, Technology Support is expected to participate in shaping, implementing and following established best practices. Interaction with Executives, Services Groups, Service Providers, and Technical Support groups is an essential function of this role. Client service is considered of the highest priority.
Technical Support (75%)
- Provide hands on IT technical support to all end users.
- Provide support for connecting and configuring video conferences, presentations, video recording and event technology.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing audio-visual equipment; and recommending solutions to problems.
- Provide 1st level support for all mobile smart phones.
- Participate in the rollout of new technology.
- Manage the 2nd/3rd level support of incidents escalated by the National Help Desk (Call Support) team.
- Responsible for all infrastructure technologies installed, including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers and cost recovery terminals.
- Manage assigned incident and support request tickets.
- Assist with onsite server support.
- IMACS (installations/moves/adds/changes).
- Continuously look to improve and evolve the operation of deployed IT solutions.
- Address escalations and complaints, involving coordination of resources to prevent recurrences and potential impact on facility operations.
- Decommissioning/disposal of IT equipment, when necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Technology Support Services.
Administrative Support (15%)
- Write process and training documentation as requested for training National Help Desk (Call Support) personnel.
- Provide regular reports as required enabling IT services to be managed effectively.
- Enter problems into ticketing system, resolving and closing calls. Escalate and track the resolution of issues, and conduct client follow-up.
- Provide testing and reporting results of testing conducted on new applications and/or changes to existing applications.
- Maintain accurate and complete up-to-date software and hardware inventory records.
Special Projects (10%)
- Participate in the delivery of application project activities. Act as a subject matter expert (SME) with respect to assigned systems and/or functions.
- Research, plan and assist with special projects as assigned by the Director, Technology Support Services.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology (or equivalent work experience and/or certificates).
- Three or more years of experience providing Help Desk and/or Field Support in a professional services or corporate environment.
- Highly proficient with computers and their associated hardware and software components.
- Experience and working knowledge of Webex, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and GoToMeeting would be an asset.
- Experience using video recording equipment: cameras, microphones and lighting would be an asset.
- Expertise using recent versions of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory Administration, and Citrix environments.
- Experience and working knowledge of various mobile devices and tablets and managing them via the firms Mobile Device Management System.
- Experience working in a Technology Support role supporting legal specific applications within a Legal environment would be a definite asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to understand and deliver exceptional client service.
- A strong team player with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to multi-task various priorities.
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Availability to work overtime, when necessary.
- Availability to provide on-call after-hour support.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.