Open Date July 13, 2021
Close Date July 20, 2021
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an: Executive Assistant, National Operations and Employee Experience - available in any of our BLG Offices.
Purpose of the Role
In this role, the Executive Assistant, National Operations and Employee Experience will work directly with the Manager, National Operations and Employee Experience in the overall administration of the Office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) including calendar management, travel planning, communications, event planning, and expenses.
The Executive Assistant, National Operations and Employee Experience will also support the Manager, National Operations and Employee Experience to assist with both existing and new engagement and well-being initiatives, which will enhance the employee experience at BLG.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to juggle multiple tasks, manage details and deliver solid results on a firm-wide scale. In this role, we are looking for a person who is organized, pro-active and resourceful, and who has the strategic ability to consider the national view in their work.
This is a multifaceted role that requires creative thinking, enthusiasm, and exceptional organizational and communication skills. The role will be critical in the effective operation of the COO’s office, and will also help design and implement programs that engage, motivate and truly affect the entire BLG team.
This position will provide significant growth, learning and development opportunities for the right person.
The role can be located in any of BLG’s regional offices and will report to the Manager, National Operations and Employee Experience.
The Executive Assistant, National Operations and Employee Experience will work with the Manager, National Operations and Employee Experience with various administrative tasks within the office of the COO. and will assist in the the coordination of BLG's employee engagement and well-being strategies. The Executive Assistant, National Operations and Employee Experience will:
- Assist with various administrative tasks in support of the COO, including calendar management, travel planning, expenses reports, event planning, and internal communications
- Schedule and organize a variety of core meetings, including the National Operations Group and the RMP / COO meetings
- Maintain digital filing system
- On occasion, may attend confidential meetings and prepares minutes or agendas
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist with the coordination and execution of BLG’s Employee Engagement Strategy
- Assist with designing and facilitating regular engagement and well-being activities
- Coordinate engagement and well-being communications, including maintaining the Engagement Inbox, the intranet uno page, RMP updates, Engagement calendar, and event invitations
- Assist in coordinating regular engagement activities to foster a collaborative and inclusive culture
- Assist with organizing and motivating a team of engagement volunteers
- Work with BLG's Talent team to support employee engagement and well-being initiatives, including team recognition, onboarding, corporate social responsibility, and manager training
- Assist with researching market trends on engagement to identify and implement opportunities to improve employee experience, well- being, and happiness.
- Minimum post-secondary education in a relevant field and/or 5 or more years of executive level administrative assistant experience.
- Experience working in a law firm or In-house legal environment or professional services firm
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Resourcefulness – ability to work independently, often in a rapidly changing environment or on new projects
- Initiative - taking action and creating strategic and innovative solutions when identifying something that needs improvement.
- Advanced skills in all MS Office tools, plus a desire and interest in finding new digital ways of working
- Ability to work with key stakeholders at all levels of the Firm
- Experience with internal communications or event planning considered an asset
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.