Open Date June 22, 2021
Close Date July 12, 2021
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a: Manager, Talent Development*
Purpose of the Role
The Manager, Talent Development will be expected to provide support to the National Director, Talent Development - available in any of our BLG offices.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
The Manager Talent Development is responsible for supporting the National Director, Talent Development with respect to professional development programs and initiatives. The Manager, Talent Development is responsible for meeting the responsibilities of the role.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Manage the preparations for national and, where appropriate, regional professional development and training programs, including budgeting, finalizing agendas, preparing and maintaining lists of invitees and attendees, preparing materials, inviting and liaising with participants, faculty, regional Talent team members, events teams, catering teams, AV teams, facilities teams, and managing travel arrangements.
- Manage the scheduling of national videoconferences – including coordinating national boardroom bookings, liaising with presenters and IT team, and managing follow-up surveys
- Manage the updating of the Associate Development Profiles (ADPs)
- Manage the Intranet (Uno) content coordination for Talent Development pages
- Manage the National events calendar coordination for Talent Development
- Participate in meetings/calls related to Professional Excellence Program and other Talent admin/planning meetings
- Manage the production of virtual programs, events and webinars, in addition to digital content
- Manage the program evaluations
- Manage the mandatory CPD or CLE obligations of BLG professionals and BLG’s status as an accredited provider in various jurisdictions.
- Manage the maintenance of records for the purposes of completing BLG’s Accredited Provider of Professionalism Content Annual Declaration for the Law Society of Ontario.
- Manage the LMS/BLG U website
- College Diploma or University Degree in a related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience, ideally in a professional services firm
- Experience with mandatory CPD or CLE obligations for lawyers in one or more jurisdictions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; French is considered a valued asset
- Excellent technical skills with MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines and resolve issues in a customer service environment
- Experience handling sensitive information and topics with discretion
- Proven attention to detail, including when dealing with a high volume of sensitive data
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.