Open Date April 22, 2021
Close Date May 14, 2021
The Vancouver office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Labour & Employment Associate.
If you are a lawyer with drive, knowledge and at least 2 years of experience practicing in Labour & Employment, come explore a new career and experience the momentum of BLG.
Through our distinctive client-focused approach, you will grow your career while working with leading professionals as part of a creative, multi-disciplinary team. This is an ideal position for a lawyer committed to exceeding clients’ goals and changing the future. We invite top professionals who want to innovate and collaborate to apply. Right from the start, you will have the strength of our people and the BLG brand behind you.
Depending on your background, you can expect to advise and represent clients in relation to:
Advisory aspects of the position:
- All aspects of labour and employment law, including human rights and employment standards matters
- Employment and contractor agreements
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Collective bargaining
- Privacy matters
- WorkSafeBC matters
- Workplace-related matters, including performance management, discipline and dismissals
- Post-termination matters, including severance agreements and non-competition injunctions
Advocacy aspects of the position:
- Representing employers in civil actions (ex. wrongful dismissal, breach of contract), and in front of various administrative tribunals and labour boards
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, we believe that valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.