BLG Beyond is an alternative legal service platform that supports a suite of innovative services, which deliver value-added, cost-effective solutions for clients. BLG Beyond (Beyond) combines BLG’s proven expert advice with best practices and technology to deliver efficient, high-impact work to meet and exceed our clients’ needs in a constantly changing environment.
We are a future-minded Firm delivering high-value advice and known for our unwavering commitment to innovation, diversity and inclusion, community involvement and talent development.
If you are a lawyer looking for an opportunity to work remotely and have a minimum 2 years experience in Commercial Leasing, come explore a new career and experience the momentum of BLG Beyond.
Through our distinctive innovation-driven and client-focused approach, you will grow your career working with leading professionals as part of an innovative team that uses the latest in legal technology to deliver exceptional client service. What sets us apart from other firms is the unique opportunity to be part of an alternative legal service platform where innovation is at the heart of what we do. This is an ideal position for a lawyer committed to exceeding clients’ goals and implementing new processes and technologies for servicing clients.
Together, we go beyond.
Right from the start, with the strength of our people, you will be part of a creative team where the impact of each team member’s attitude and productivity is exponential.
Applicants who have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills are sought to assume responsibility in an active and fast-paced practice. The ideal candidate will have strong leasing experience from in-house practice or private law firm and solid drafting skills. This will be a client facing, role and the successful candidate must be ready to run routine leasing matters with minimal oversight and work with limited supervision on more complex matters, as appropriate for the level of experience of the candidate.
The candidate must be a member in good standing with the Barreau du Québec and must appreciate the importance of providing excellent and responsive legal service to clients, including, where possible, using new approaches to deliver the greatest possible client value.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills and career as part of a successful team. This is an ideal position for someone who can hit the ground running, is a consummate team player, has strong analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills, takes initiative, and seeks an opportunity where they are supported to further develop beyond their current skill level.
The candidate must be experienced working remotely and be enthusiastic about adopting new technologies and embracing innovation.
You can expect to:
- Work on all aspects of French commercial leasing contracts, including offers to lease, leases, amending and extension agreements, dedicated exclusively to one retail client, with potential for broader future possibilities
- Draft and negotiate leasing agreements and amendments to existing leasing agreements, including renewals, assignments, surrenders and collateral lease documentation for sole retail client
- Advise client on a broad variety of operational issues relating to shopping centres, property management and tenant defaults
- Assist with developing new service delivery models for leasing mandates
- Conduct real estate due diligence, anticipating issues and proposing resolutions
- Liaise with client, various property management leasing and operations representatives, opposite legal representatives and third parties
Requirements of the successful applicant:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant practice experience in Commercial Leasing, including experience in a retail property management leasing environment
- Member of Barreau du Québec (2020 Year of Call or earlier)
- Strong technical skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Experience with iManage, OneNote, and OneSpan, is an asset
- Takes pride in being highly-organized and able to manage time efficiently, including prioritizing and re-prioritizing tasks as workloads evolves
- Enjoys working independently on quick turnaround projects, and as part of a larger team to ideate strategies and develop agile solutions
- Recognizes the value and possesses the ability to clearly articulate goals and expectations both verbally and written
- Strong client focus and strives to provide the optimal client service experience
- Exceptionally open-minded and receptive to new ideas and suggestions
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.