The Vancouver office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Case Manager, Beyond eDiscovery.
BLG Beyond eDiscovery is a high-performing, highly-motivated, cohesive and integrated national eDiscovery team that leads and provides strategic advice and relevant practical support to the Firm’s Disputes practices.
Purpose of the Role
You have the knowledge; now experience the momentum with BLG. BLG Beyond eDiscovery is looking for a Case Manager to work with our Disputes practices across all BLG offices.
You will be a key member of the legal team providing advice and managing files within the workflow of eDiscovery cases from beginning to end while having the opportunity to cultivate your skills as part of a dynamic and successful national team.
Key Responsibilities and Competencies
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years experience in managing eDiscovery cases and working in eDiscovery databases. Experience working in an administrative capacity with Relativity is highly desirable. Working Pacific Time zone hours and location within two hours of one of BLG’s offices is a requirement Location in the Vancouver area is an asset.
You will have a strong work ethic, possess a mind-set of continuous improvement, and are a self-starter in a fast-paced environment. Right from the start, you will:
- Manage specific eDiscovery matters using RelativityOne
- Interact confidently with legal teams to assess and determine eDiscovery requirements and instructions for the successful implementation of RelativityOne solutions
- Track the status of projects, including those sent to external vendors, and provide regular project status reports to the legal teams to ensure that projects are completed within the approved budget and on time
- Organize and manage all incoming and outgoing data, including quality control of data into and out of RelativityOne
- Assist in educating and supporting the litigation team in the best practice use of RelativityOne solutions and processes, and assist the legal team in identifying cost and efficiency benefits in using litigation technology
- Support legal teams by customizing RelativityOne software
- Mentor other team members on use of RelativityOne
This is the firm where your passion, innovation, and drive for excellence can shine through.
Come experience the momentum of BLG Beyond eDiscovery.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.