Open Date June 9, 2021
Close Date July 15, 2021
Purpose of the Role
You have the knowledge; now experience the momentum with BLG. BLG is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to work with the Corporate Commercial Team in our Vancouver office.
You will be a key member of the legal team working to provide the highest level of client service while having the opportunity to cultivate your skills as part of a dynamic and successful national team.
Key Responsibilities and Competencies
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 7 years experience in the handling of corporate records (physical and/or virtual) and has a solid knowledge of corporate legislation and experience with corporate documents in BC and other Canadian jurisdictions. The possession of a diploma or certificate from an accredited legal program is an asset.
You will have a strong work ethic, possess a mind-set of continuous improvement, and are a self-starter in a fast-paced environment. Right from the start, you will:
- Draft documentation, including closing agendas, required in the context of various corporate transactions such as incorporations, organizations, amendment of charter documents, dividend declarations, continuances, liquidations and dissolutions;
- Draft documentation required in the context of other corporate transactions such as complex share conditions, merger and acquisition transactions, corporate and tax reorganizations, and restructuring transactions;
- Assist lawyers and attend the closing of various forms of transactions;
- Review and analyze corporate charter documents and records to ensure compliance with governing statute and identify deficiencies;
- Research and interpret applicable legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations;
- Maintain corporate files and records in accordance with Firm procedures including the updating of data in the corporate database.
This is the firm where your passion, innovation, and drive for excellence can shine through. Come experience the momentum of BLG.
How to Apply*
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.