Open Date August 6, 2021
Close Date December 10, 2021
The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), Canada’s leading, innovative and client-focused law firm, seeks a Corporate Law Clerk.
Purpose of the Role
You have the knowledge; now experience the momentum with BLG. BLG is looking for a Corporate Law Clerk to work with the Corporate Commercial Team in our Toronto office.
You will be a key member of the legal team working to provide the highest level of client service while having the opportunity to cultivate and share your skills as part of a dynamic and successful national team.
Key Responsibilities and Competencies
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 8+ years experience in the management of corporate records and has a solid knowledge of corporate legislation and experience with corporate documents in Ontario and other Canadian jurisdictions. Knowledge of tax reorganizations is a requirement.
You will have a strong work ethic, possess a mind-set of continuous improvement, and are a self-starter in a fast-paced environment. Right from the start, you will:
- Support the Firm’s lawyers and clients with corporate and tax reorganizations and corporate restructuring transactions;
- Draft documentation, including closing agendas, required in the context of various corporate transactions such as incorporations, organizations, amendment of charter documents, dividend declarations, continuances, liquidations and dissolutions;
- Draft documentation required in the context of other corporate transactions such as complex share conditions, merger and acquisition transactions;
- Review and analyze corporate charter documents and records to ensure compliance with governing statute and identify deficiencies;
- Work as member of a collaborative team to mentor and share your corporate knowledge with students, associates and junior law clerks.
This is the firm where your passion, innovation, and drive for excellence can shine through. Come experience the momentum of BLG.
How to apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.