The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Law Clerk Coordinator, Corporate Commercial.
Purpose of Role
As the Law Clerk Coordinator for the Corporate Commercial law clerks, you will provide guidance and leadership to the team through workflow coordination, change management, talent support and process improvement. You will also continue to leverage your skills and use your advanced legal knowledge to work on senior level transactions and to train and develop the team members.
Right from the start, you will have access to exceptional opportunities, working with a supportive team focused on providing you with meaningful opportunities to tailor your career path in order to reach your full potential.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Acts as the primary contact for information, decision-making and workflow management in the law clerk team
- Identifies talent requirements; participates in recruiting, orientation and training of new team members
- Supports the growth and development of the individual law clerk through mentoring, coaching and delivery of training
- Collaborates as part of a strong national team to support the development and implementation of national best practices and use of legal technology
- Performs high level corporate transactions in a leadership capacity
What you will bring to this role:
- Community College Law Clerk Diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience as a Corporate Commercial Law Clerk
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an innovative mindset
- A passion for training and development
What does BLG have to offer you?
- Certification in Legal Project Management (LPM)
- Access to our market leading mentoring program
- A talent development framework that helps you develop your desired career path
- Exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
How to Apply*
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.