This blog is authored by members of BLG's Oil and Gas Focus Group. We follow new and interesting legal issues as they emerge in the energy area. The wide range of direct and extensive energy experience held by our contributors lends itself to a diverse and insightful examination of current legal trends and topics. Our experience not only provides a source of valuable information and insight, but also assists in finding solutions to legal issues that arise in this dynamic and rapidly evolving area.
Topics posted in October 2016 include:
- Cyber Risk Management — Regulatory Guidance from the Canadian Securities Administrators
- Amendments to the Drop Dead Rule in Alberta
- BLG Releases Its First Report on the Alberta Electricity Market
- "Pay (from) the Piper" — Ensuring financial resources under the absolute liability regime for federal pipelines
- The New Federal Carbon Pricing Policy — Roadmap to a Pan-Canadian Energy Strategy?
- Future Uncertainty in Plans of Arrangement
- AER Signals Stringent Approach to Issuance of Reclamation Certificates
We welcome you to THE RESOURCE: BLG Energy Law Blog and encourage you to contact any of our contributors about their posts or in learning more about how BLG can serve your legal needs.