This blog is authored by members of BLG's Oil and Gas Focus Group.
This blog is authored by members of BLG's Oil and Gas Focus Group. We follow new and interesting legal issues as they emerge in the energy area. The wide range of direct and extensive energy experience held by our contributors lends itself to a diverse and insightful examination of current legal trends and topics. Our experience not only provides a source of valuable information and insight, but also assists in finding solutions to legal issues that arise in this dynamic and rapidly evolving area.
Topics posted in December 2016 & January 2017 include:
- Federal Liberal Government Approves Line 3 and Line 2 Pipelines
- Environmental Law Newsletter | Fall Edition
- Québec Passes New Legislation Governing Clean Energy and Oil and Gas Exploration
- Canadian Courts take a Second Look at Fairness to Shareholders in Plans of Arrangement
- The Limits of Ultra vires, Interjurisdictional Immunity and Cooperative Federalism in Interprovincial Pipeline Approvals: Application of Rogers Communications Inc v Châteauguay (City) 2016 SCC 23
- 2016 Year in Review: Top 10 Legislative, Regulatory and Policy Changes and Trends of Import to the Canadian Energy Industry
- 2016 Year in Review: Top 10 Judicial Decisions and Trends of Import to the Canadian Energy Industry
- 2016 Year in Review: Top 10 Transactions and Trends in the Canadian Energy Industry
- 2016 Year in Review: Top 10 Regulatory Decisions and Trends of Import to the Canadian Energy Industry
- Court of Queen's Bench Finds that Surface Rights Board Decision for Injurious Affection was Unreasonable
- President Trump's Executive Order on Keystone XL — encouragement but not an approval
- Alberta Court of Queen's Bench Clarifies that Leave is Not Required to Cross-Examine on an Affidavit of Records
- Immune (At Least For Now): Divided Supreme Court of Canada Strikes Claim for Charter Damages Against Energy Regulator
We welcome you to The Resource: BLG Energy Law Blog and encourage you to contact any of our contributors about their posts or to learn more about how BLG can serve your legal needs.