Rob has a wide-ranging financial services litigation, commercial and regulatory compliance practice. His expertise includes:
- financial services industry litigation
- financial crime compliance, including anti-money laundering and economic sanctions compliance and administrative monetary penalty appeals
- consumer protection law compliance
- assisting in FinTech and other financial services product design (advising on regulatory compliance issues and assisting with customer facing agreements)
- advising cryptocurrency exchanges, payment processors and digital wallet providers on financial crime compliance and consumer protection matters
Rob also acts in fraud recovery and securities fraud litigation, including financial institutions in Ponzi scheme and consumer protection class actions, anti-piracy litigation, and general commercial and shareholder disputes.
Rob's clients include:
- credit unions
- FinTech companies and cryptocurrency exchanges
- business clients ranging from large public companies to individual local entrepreneurs
Rob frequently acts as a supervising solicitor and as plaintiffs' counsel with respect to enforcement of civil search (Anton Piller orders). He was a member of the Law Society of British Columbia's Model Order Committee, tasked with establishing model civil search and asset freezing (Mareva orders) for use in British Columbia litigation.
He is a member of our Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Steering Committee.