Joëlle represents banks and other financial institutions as well as borrowers in connection with all types of financing, particularly acquisition financing, cross-border loans, financing through banking syndicates and asset-based financing. Her experience also extends to the financing of major real estate assets, including construction loans.
Joëlle Girard’s practice is focused on the various aspects of debt financing, including the implementation of credit facilities and the taking of security interest, both nationally and internationally.
- Investissement Quebec, as a selling shareholder, in Eddyfi/NDT's acquisition HalfWave AS.
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with the syndicated secured credit facilities of Videotron Ltd
- National Bank of Canada in connection with secured credit facilities of several portfolio companies of Namakor Holdings
- HSBC Bank Canada, acting as agent for a banking syndicate with respect to $193 million credit facilities granted to Englobe Corp
- Oxford Properties Group in the acquisition of a 50% ownership interest in the Quartier DIX30TM property, located in Brossard
- Bank of Montreal, acting as agent for a banking syndicate in the refinancing of credit facilities granted to Napec Inc. and its subsidiaries
Bar Admission & Education
- Québec, 2011
- BCL / LLB, McGill University, 2010