James recently retired from the partnership. Prior to his retirement, he represented banks and other lenders in loan transactions and insolvency matters. He also represented major corporations as borrowers.
He is particularly experienced in:
- syndicated loans
- loans secured by worldwide assets of borrowing groups
- loans related to takeover bids
- loans secured by pledges of publicly-traded securities
- subvented financing programs
- model documents for lending programs
James led the Financial Services Group in BLG’s Toronto office from 2000 to 2005.