Joshua’s practice focuses on all aspects of Canadian competition and foreign investment review law. His expertise includes, mergers and acquisitions, cartel investigations and private actions (including class actions). Joshua regularly advises clients in advertising and marketing practices, abuse of dominance and other reviewable trade practices.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Joshua completed his articles with BLG.
- Acting for Loblaw Companies Limited, George Weston Limited and certain of their affiliates in class actions across Canada alleging price fixing in respect of wholesale and retail sales of fresh commercial bread and in the related Bureau conspiracy investigation.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
- Member, International and Competition Policy Committees of the CBA National Competition Law Section
- Volunteer, BLG Reads to Kids
- Refugee Sponsorship Support Program
- President, Allard Law Students’ Society (2016-2017)
- Member, University of British Columbia Senate (2015-2016)
- Youth Leadership Trainer & Mentor, Starehe Boys’ and Girls’ Centers
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2018
- JD, Peter A. Allard School of Law, UBC, 2017
- BSc, Microbiology and Immunology, McGill University, 2011