Nicolas is a management-side labour and employment lawyer. His hybrid practice comprises both advice-based solicitor work and advocacy-based litigation work, including labour, employment, contractual, sports and human rights issues.
Nicolas regularly advises and represents both private and public sector employers on a range of issues, including:
- employment standards
- employee terminations
- contracts and policies
- health and safety
- union grievances and organizing campaigns
- unfair labour practice complaints
- collective bargaining and collective agreements
- labour and employment aspects of corporate transactions
- human rights applications
Nicolas acts for National Hockey League Clubs in salary arbitration disputes with their players. He also works with large employers on arbitration issues.