As chair of BLG’s National Aviation Focus Group, Katherine is a civil litigator who specializes in aviation. She regularly advises clients on general insurance matters and helps them navigate the regulatory world in both transportation and travel. Her practice includes a focus on product liability, aviation litigation, insurance litigation and autonomous vehicles.
Katherine’s expertise extends to land transportation, occupiers’ liability and municipal defence. Additionally, she specializes in courtroom and written advocacy for both Canadian and international clients. Katherine also has experience in the following:
- cross-border litigation
- enforcement of letters rogatory
- conducting examinations for discovery/depositions
- conducting mediation, settlement negotiation, and conflict resolution
- risk assessment and management
- legal research and legal writing
- trial and appellate work, at all levels of court
Prior to becoming a lawyer Katherine became a licensed glider pilot and a commercial pilot for fixed-wing aircraft. While working towards her multi-IFR and flight instructor rating, she was a flight dispatcher.