Victoria's practice focuses on healthcare risk management and advocacy.
Victoria represents public hospitals and their employees in medical malpractice litigation. She also represents and advises health sector clients on matters involving physician privileges disputes, sexual assault claims, occupier's liability claims and regulatory college matters. Victoria has expertise in mental health work, representing the interests of the person in charge of designated forensic psychiatric facilities in matters before the Ontario Review Board.
Victoria summered and articled at BLG prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2018.
- Represents hospitals and hospital employees in medical malpractice and other civil lawsuits as counsel to the Healthcare Insurance Reciprocal of Canada (HIROC).
- Advises health sector clients on a variety of issues, including policy development, adverse event management, physician privileges disputes, and has represented healthcare professionals in matters before their Colleges.
- Represents the interests of the person in charge of designated forensic psychiatric facilities in matters before the Ontario Review Board.
Beyond our Walls
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Volunteer, BLG Reads to Kids Program
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2018
- JD, Queen's University, 2017
- B.Sc., Queen's University, 2014 Honours in Biology