Kate’s practice focuses on education law, labour relations and employment law. She advises employers on a range of workplace matters, including:
- Wrongful dismissal and employment litigation;
- Legislation and case law;
- Policies and contracts;
- Risk and crisis management;
- Labour arbitration and collective agreements; and
- Discipline and performance management.
Kate's clients include a range of public- and private-sector employers, including school boards, independent schools and post-secondary institutions. She advises on student discipline, disability accommodation, human rights, freedom of information, staff misconduct and special education.