Jordan Furfaro practices in securities and corporate commercial law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance.
He was both a summer student and an articling student at BLG before returning as an associate in 2017.
- Advised the founders and shareholders of Bad Monkey Popcorn in connection with its sale to an investor group led by Champlain Financial Corporation.
- Advised LA-based private equity firm PMC Capital Group in connection with its acquisition of StyroChem Canada, a leading manufacturer of expandable polystyrene grades used in food service, packaging, construction, casting and specialty applications.
- Advised Indiana-based Elanco Animal Health in connection with its acquisition of biotechnology company Prevtec Microbia Inc.
- Advised Illinois-based Hilco Global, an independent financial services group, in connection with La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec's acquisition of a 27% stake in Hilco.
- Advised a syndicate of underwriters led by TD Securities Inc., CIBC World Markets Inc., BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc., National Bank Financial Inc., and including RBC Dominion Securities Inc., Desjardins Securities Inc., Canaccord Genuity Corp., Industrial Alliance Securities Inc. and Raymond James Ltd. in the context of a $150,000,000 bought deal of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures of Innergex Renewable Energy Inc.
- Advised Ressources Québec Inc., acting as mandatary of the government of Quebec, in the context of the private placement of common shares in Nemaska Lithium Inc., which formed part of an overall $1.1B project financing package
- Advised the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, lead investor, in the context of a $20,000,000 round of financing in Frank & Oak, alongside Investissement Québec and Goodwater Capital
- Advised the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in a venture capital equity investment in TrackTik Software Inc
- Advised the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in a venture capital equity investment in Groupe Glutenberg Inc., a producer and distributor of gluten-free craft beers and spirits
Beyond Our Walls
- Member of the Board of Directors, Canadian Student Association for Children's Rights
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
Bar Admission & Education
- Québec, 2017
- LLB, Université de Montréal, 2016
- Certificate (Introduction to Chinese Law), China University of Political Science and Law, 2014
- B.Comm. (Cum Laude), John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, 2013